SUSAN: HOW TO PUT ART AT THE CENTRE RATHER THAN ACCESS? TAKING A LEAD
ANNA : WHAT DIRECTION DO YOU WANT TO FACE IN? WHAT ARE THE CONNECTIONS BETWEEN ALL THE THINGS THAT YOU DO - AND HOW DO YOU MAKE THEM WORK FOR YOU? HOW TO MAKE GALLERY RELEVANT TO THE COMMUNITY IN WHICH IT IS IN? THROUGH DIALOGUE
JOHNNY : HOW TO BUILD A STRUCTURE THAT HAS ROOM FOR CHANGE?
EMILY : HOW CAN THE COMMISSIONING PROCESS GENERATE TRUST FROM THE COMMUNITY WITH WHOM IT IS WORKING?
1) INTRODUCTIONS: Who you are individually (30 secs each) and as SAJE (1min) (CHARACTERS) 3 MINS
2) WHAT YOU DID? 4 MINS
EXPLORE PERSONAL AREAS OF INTEREST IN RESPECT TO PARTICIPATION,
DID SOME RESEARCH,
CAME TOGETHER TO SHARE RESEARCH AND FINDINGS, FORMED QUESTIONS TO TAKE FURTHER, DECIDED TO DO A MIX TAPE.
3) WHAT HAVE YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT YOUR LEADERSHIP THROUGH YOUR PROJECT? (4 mins each) and as a group (4 mins) (INDIVIDUAL PROJECTS & AS WHOLE = 5 CONSTITUENT PARTS)
BE CONFIDENT THAT LEADERSHIP IS FLEXIBLE RESPONDING TO A SITUATION. TRUST TAKES TIME AND INTENTION.
4) WHAT HAVE YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT YOUR LEADERSHIP THROUGH YOUR PROJECT? (relevant learning for wider group:
1. Emily: confidence about flexibility
2. Anna: The leader doesn't have to fill the gaps, the leader perhaps recognises the gaps, but allows the things that should fail to fail.
3. Susan: . Acknowledge and use the expertise of everyone in the room, including yourself.
4. Johnny: Value is fluid: there is no definitive value; it depends who is saying it and in what context.
Johnny: We are the leaders amongst our own projects, then with 4 leaders it is interesting to become aware of how you work, and that you don't always have to be in charge or take everyone with you: Recalibration.
5) WHAT ARE YOUR FINDINGS TO DATE?
(MOCK UP MIX TAPE PRESENTATION)
SAJE : MIX TAPE JAN 2013
INTRODUCTION TO MISSION STATEMENT AND DRAWINGS REFLECTING ON STARTING POINTS FOR PROJECT.
TRANSCRIBE INTERVIEWS WRITE UP RESEARCH HIDDEN GARDEN AND GRIZEDALE MEET ANDY AND GLEN TO REVIEW THE THREE QUESTIONS TO LEAD TO MISSION STATEMENT.
2 PAGE NARRATIVE, DIAGRAMS, SCREENPRINTING.
FOR EMILY TO DO:
PHOTO SAJE : MIX TAPE. TRANSCRIBE INTERVIEW AND SCAN DRAWINGS FROM RESEARCH DAY = SLOGANS.