Here is some helpful info from Martin at the Barns and his contact is (0)7798 530536:
1. The nearest railway station to Sycamore Farm is Ambergate, which is about 3 miles away. It is easiest is you book a taxi to meet your train and they will bring you up here (it should cost about 6 pounds). We can provide taxi details, if that helps.
2. Wirksworth is our local town and has all the facilities you should need (it is about half an hours walk away – slightly more coming back up the hill!)
3. For four of you I would suggest Knob End for your stay, which is slightly more cosy than Matkins, which has a larger living area.
4. All our cottages have nice wood-burning stoves, and we include as much wood as you need in the price.
5. The whole of Sycamore Farm is primarily heated with wood, from a local pine forest that is being replaced with broad-leaved woodland.
6. The full price for 3 nights from 14th December is £446.25, however as you are intending to arrive by train we are happy to provide it for £400.00. I have pencilled in your booking. If you’d like to secure it we normally ask for a 25% deposit, with the balance due a month before your arrival....
Once we know when we are all arriving we can arrange to meet at Ambergate or the cottage. Emily arrives about 12 and I will arrive about 1pm. Emily needs to leave sunday evening, everyone else can stay til monday morning. Here are details of local Taxi firms:
1. Amber Taxis – 01773 836100
2. MJs Taxis – 01629 826060
3. Matlock Taxis - 01629 584195