Anna, Emily, Johnny & Susan, Wakefield, 13 June 2012

Monday 18 June 2012

Sharing Practice


Thanks for sharing thoughts and practice. First a bit about what I do:

In Summer 2010, I organised our studio artist's show in the local park. This is the publication from the activity. I hope this gives you an idea of the involvement I have with AirSpace Studio artists. Hopefully this is a link to a publication we made to document the event: http://www.pdf-archive.com/2012/06/18/cg-book-4-mar/

Then I can share with you an event I organised in winter 2010, which was part of Conjunction 2010: (this is a contemporary art biennial for Stoke-on-Trent) I was invited to be part of the Conjunction Biennial partnership, for the first time in 2010 (though I had helped out in previous years) and my input was the closing event/live art day, which toured people around the city, to the various venues involved.

You can see the live art day documentation video here: skip through it as it is more than 20 minutes long.

Then there was Interrogation - which was a residency at New Art Gallery Walsall in 2009, and then in West Brom in 2010. It was a professional development programme which I designed and delivered for artists wishing to gain experience of intervening in the public realm, commissioned by Longhouse. We worked with over 40 artists over 2 years. A copy of the publication can be seen here: http://www.pdf-archive.com/2012/06/18/interrogation-design2/

I have been thinking a lot about the idea of participation/collaboration and representation. I think I will share my thoughts by talking through my most recent work as an artist, rather than as an arts events/programme organiser as above...I will do that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment